I had a crummy day, generally. But when I got home, Toni let me watch the first game of the NFL season, between the Saints and the Vikings. Brett Favre and Drew Brees. Adrian Peterson and. . . Pierre Thomas. Day one, big game, but a Thursday night. Considering that Toni has set up a quota to limit the number of football games that I can watch per week, this was quite a magnanimous gesture on her part and it definitely helped me feel better.
Also, as a tremendous bonus, Anna has decided that she likes watching football (or, at least, she doesn't hate it). She sat with me and watched, and remained interested as long as I put the game in simple terms, such as "Look, he's going to kick the ball!" or "He's running with the ball!" But her favorite part, by far, was the tackling. In fact, before the snap, she often asked me, "Are they going to tackle?"
This made me fairly disappointed when the back or the receiver ended up running out of bounds instead of getting dropped by a defender.


so sweet!
ReplyDelete