Sunday, September 26, 2010

The happiest place on earth

Today Anna asked, "What is Disneyland?" Toni and I looked at each other in mutual understanding that, if Anna were to comprehend Disneyland, it would be all over for us, and we would have to choose between leaving immediately for Anaheim or putting up with months of insistent begging for us to do so. That said, if there were ever a little girl made for Disneyland, it is Anna, so we took a shot.

We had a surprisingly difficult time explaining the concept to her, and she was unimpressed by our description. How do you explain rides to a two-and-a-half-year-old?

I've never been to any of the Disney theme parks, and I am quite proud of that fact. But looking at Anna, I know my days are numbered. I like the fact that the most stressful thing in her life is the question of whether or not she gets to watch Cars.

1 comment: