Thursday, August 26, 2010

A new bedtime system

Putting Anna to bed has been a major trial lately. Whenever we try to leave her room, she begs and pleads for us not to leave. When we do finally leave, if she is still awake, she screams endlessly. This usually leads to Toni spending an hour by Anna's bed, finally leaving only when Anna is deep asleep. Normally, while Toni is in with Anna, I get some work done on my laptop.

Well, tonight we decided to try something new. I asked myself, "What would happen if I did my work while sitting with Anna, thus freeing up Toni to have some time to herself for once?" That is exactly what I did, and the results were great. Anna got to feel secure, knowing that one of her parents was nearby, I got a perfectly quiet environment in which to get some coding done, and Toni got to relax. Anna was out in around 30 minutes. We found our new bedtime system, and I think it serves everyone's interests.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still skeptical. but the naptime fairy is visiting us 2 hours early today, so maybe she will be tired at bedtime

    ReplyDelete